Skip to main content
Chipped, broken or cracked tooth

Chipping, breaking or cracking a tooth usually isn't serious. Your dentist will usually be able to treat it.


How to see a dentist in an emergency or out of hours:

  • call your dentist – if they're closed, their answerphone may say what to do

If you don't have a dentist or can't get an emergency appointment:

You may have to pay for your appointment. Read more about NHS dental charges.

What the dentist will do

Treatments for a chipped, broken or cracked tooth include:

Read more about dental treatments.