do not eat too much strong smelling or spicy fooddo not drink too much coffee or alcohol
You can ask a pharmacist about:
- stronger antiperspirants
- armpit or sweat shields to protect your clothing
- foot powders for sweaty feet
- soap substitutes that are gentler on your skin
Treatments from your GP
If you have severe body odour and sweating, your GP may suggest:
- stronger, prescription antiperspirants
- injections in your armpits to reduce the amount of sweat
- surgery to remove the sweat glands
Read more about treating excessive sweating.
Causes of body odour
Things that can make body odour worse include:
Body odour may also be linked to excessive sweating and smelly feet.