Get your NHS COVID Pass letter
Use this service if you're travelling abroad, or going to an event, and need to get a letter to prove you've had your COVID-19 vaccination.
Use this service to get a letter sent to you in the post showing your coronavirus (COVID-19) status.
You can get a digital NHS COVID Pass to download and print if you prefer.
Booster vaccinations do not show in the NHS COVID Pass letter. They do show in the digital NHS COVID Pass.
You can use this service if the following apply:
- you're aged 16 or over
- you're fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine used in the UK
- you had your vaccination in England or the Isle of Man
- you’re registered with a GP in England or the Isle of Man
You may need to wait 5 working days after you're fully vaccinated for it to show on your record.
If you're not registered with a GP, you can use this service if you have an NHS number.
If you were vaccinated in Scotland or Wales, you can use this service if you're registered with a GP in England.
If you were vaccinated on a clinical trial
If you were vaccinated as part of an official clinical trial in England, your clinical trial site needs to put your vaccination information on the NHS vaccine database.
Some trial sites have done this already, and the rest will do it soon.
Contact your clinical trial site if you cannot get an NHS COVID Pass letter.
We'll ask you some questions, so we can look up your vaccination record.
If we can find your vaccination record, we'll send a letter to the address the NHS has for you. This is usually the address you have registered with your GP surgery.
If you're not registered with a GP, this can be the address you give when you use other parts of the NHS, like hospitals.
You should get this letter within 5 working days from the date you ask for it.
If you're registered with a GP surgery, check the details they have for you are up to date. You can register with a GP surgery if you do not have one.
You cannot use this service if you have successfully applied for your NHS record to be flagged as sensitive.
Members of the UK armed forces need to visit the 'my health care hub' on the Defence Gateway (login required) to find out how to get their NHS COVID Pass.
You can ask for a letter by calling:
- +44 151 905 0119 if you're overseas (you'll be charged according to your carrier's rates)
- 0808 162 4119 free from any Isle of Man landline or mobile phone (dial the full 11-digit number)
Do not call if you're travelling in more than 4 weeks' time.
Vaccination status in other parts of the UK and the Crown Dependencies
- Northern Ireland – nidirect: COVID certificate for NI residents
- Scotland – NHS Inform: Get a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status
- Wales – Welsh Government: NHS COVID Pass: prove your vaccination status
- Guernsey – GOV.GG: Covid status certificates (vaccine passports)
- Isle of Man – Isle of Man Government: NHS COVID Pass for Isle of Man residents
- Jersey – gov.je: COVID status certification