NHS COVID Pass
Find out how to get an NHS COVID Pass to share your vaccination details and test results
An NHS COVID Pass shows your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination details or test results. This is your COVID-19 status.
You may be asked to show your NHS COVID Pass:
- to travel abroad
- at events and venues asking for proof of your COVID-19 status in England, Wales or the Isle of Man
You can get an NHS COVID Pass digitally through the NHS App or the online NHS COVID Pass service.
You can download your digital NHS COVID Pass and print it.
If you cannot apply digitally using the NHS App or online service, you can ask for an NHS COVID Pass letter to be sent to you by post. You can also apply on behalf of someone else.
Members of the UK armed forces need to visit the 'My health care hub' on the Defence Gateway (login required) to find out how to get their NHS COVID Pass.
If you were vaccinated as part of an official clinical trial in England or Wales, you can get an NHS COVID Pass for domestic events and venues.
You'll be able to get an NHS COVID Pass for travel soon. Some people already can, it depends if your clinical trial site has put your vaccination information on your NHS vaccination record.
If you cannot get an NHS COVID Pass, contact your clinical trial site.
Check the entry requirements for the country you're visiting.
You can apply for a medical exemption if you cannot get vaccinated, or vaccinated and tested, for medical reasons.
You'll be able to get an NHS COVID Pass for domestic events and venues when your medical exemption is confirmed.
Find out who can apply and how to apply for a medical exemption on GOV.UK.
If you live in England and had your vaccination abroad in certain countries, you can ask to have this added to your NHS vaccination record. Once it is added you can get an NHS COVID Pass.
- Northern Ireland – nidirect: COVID certificate for NI residents
- Scotland – NHS Inform: Get a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status
- Wales – Welsh Government: NHS COVID Pass: prove your vaccination status
- Guernsey – GOV.GG: Covid status certificates (vaccine passports)
- Isle of Man – Isle of Man Government: NHS COVID Pass for Isle of Man residents
- Jersey – gov.je: COVID status certification