Getting a digital NHS COVID Pass
Get a digital NHS COVID Pass to show your COVID-19 vaccination status or test results.
You can get a digital NHS COVID Pass showing your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination or test results.
You can use this if you're travelling abroad or going to a domestic venue or event and need to prove your COVID-19 status.
Check the entry requirements of the country you're visiting before you travel.
If you're aged 16 or over, you can get a digital NHS COVID Pass for travel. People under 16 may need to show a negative test result.
If you're 18 or over, you can also use your digital NHS COVID Pass for domestic events and venues. People under 18 do not have to show proof of their vaccination or test results for domestic events or venues in England.
To show your vaccination status, you must have been vaccinated in England, Wales or the Isle of Man.
If you were vaccinated in Scotland, you need to both be registered with a GP in England and live in England.
You can get a digital NHS COVID Pass through the NHS App or NHS website, using NHS login.
You can also download your NHS COVID Pass as a PDF or get it sent you in an email.
What is NHS login
NHS login makes it easier and quicker for you to securely access digital health and care services with 1 username and password.
NHS login registrations may take longer than usual when there are high numbers of requests. You will need to register at least 2 weeks before you want to use your pass.
You'll be asked to create an NHS login if you do not have one already. You must be registered with a GP surgery in England to use the NHS App.
If you live in Wales you cannot use the NHS App to get an NHS COVID Pass.
If you've had:
- a vaccine used in the UK – your NHS COVID Pass lasts for 30 days, but the 30 day period refreshes every time you log in
- a negative PCR test or rapid lateral flow test – your NHS COVID Pass is valid for 48 hours after a negative result
- a positive PCR test – your NHS COVID Pass lasts 30 days, but the 30 day period refreshes every time you log in (for up to 180 days after you took the test)
If you download your digital NHS COVID Pass as a PDF, always check the expiry date before using it.
If you're fully vaccinated or had a positive test result, the barcode on a PDF is valid for 30 days.
The NHS App may ask you to confirm your phone number when you log in. If you do not confirm it, your NHS COVID Pass will be valid for 72 hours.
Members of the UK armed forces need to visit the 'My health care hub' on the Defence Gateway (login required) to find out how to get their NHS COVID Pass.
- Northern Ireland – nidirect: COVID certificate for NI residents
- Scotland – NHS Inform: Get a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status
- Wales – Welsh Government: NHS COVID Pass: prove your vaccination status
- Guernsey – GOV.GG: Covid status certificates (vaccine passports)
- Isle of Man – Isle of Man Government: NHS COVID Pass for Isle of Man residents
- Jersey – gov.je: COVID status certification