Diabetic eye screening 2Overview
- Diabetic eye screening is a test to check for eye problems caused by diabetes.
- Eye problems caused by diabetes are called diabetic retinopathy. This can lead to sight loss if it’s not found early.
- The eye screening test can find problems before they affect your sight.
- Pictures are taken of the back of your eyes to check for any changes.
- If you have diabetes and you're aged 12 or over, you'll get a letter asking you to have your eyes checked at least once a year.
You can get other versions of diabetic eye screening information, including an easy read guide, an audio guide and guides in other languages.
Page last reviewed: 23/10/2018
Next review due: 23/10/2018