- Oesophageal cancer is cancer that's found anywhere in the oesophagus, sometimes called the gullet or food pipe.
- The oesophagus connects your mouth to your stomach.
- Oesophageal cancer may not have any symptoms, or they can be hard to spot.
- It's important to get any symptoms of oesophageal cancer checked as soon as possible.
- Being found late makes oesophageal cancer harder to treat.
- How serious oesophageal cancer is and what treatment you might have depends on where it is in the oesophagus, how big it is, if it has spread and your general health.
Get advice about coronavirus and cancer: